|CG:CG Depth Micrometer
The Case Gage Depth Micrometer is set to a zero of .100" on the scale at our factory. Because of differences in "feel" and temperature, we include a the Gage Block for you to test "Zero" and to adjust if necessary.
Here is how to re-zero your Case Gage Depth Micrometer
- Loosen set screw on base of Depth Mic
- Back out the Micrometer Head and Spindle all the way out and remove. (There is a spring inside under the cap, be sure not to drop it)
- Grab scale portion and turn Clockwise and Counter-Clockwise several times, this will loosen pressure on set screw pad.
- Reinstall Micrometer Head and Spindle portion back to zero
- Set on top of Gage Block
- Turn both Micrometer Head and Scale Clockwise together until spindle bottoms out on top of Gage Block
- At this point your zero will be close.
- Fine tune by moving scale sleeve clockwise or counterclockwise to set zero.
- Tighten set screw